Thursday, May 04, 2006

Now I care about Kitty more than ever - Winner Story from Don F


"A couple of months ago, I stayed at my girlfriend's for the night. Usually when I returned home, my 14 month old black cat named Kitty, would be in the driveway waiting. However, on this day there was no Kitty. I called for him several times and still no Kitty. He always comes when I call, I thought. I had to go to work,so I left my house. I made the turn from my street onto the main boulevard. As I made the turn, I saw out of the corner of my eye, a black cat up against the 'island'."

"It was obvious the cat had been hit by a car and was killed. Then it hit me,'Oh my God,that was Kitty!'. I quickly drove around the block and parked on the shoulder straight across from the dead cat. As I sat there waiting for traffic to clear I yelled 'Kitty....Kitty' as I started crying.

" I had to force myself to work but just couldn't do it. I sat there in a daze.Then my phone rang. It was my mother and she said,'The cat is here. He's eating right now!' I jumped in my car and raced home in disbelief. I ran into the house and there he was... I picked him up and held him. It was a miracle, I thought."

"I went back home and gave the cat we found a decent burial and Kitty,for some reason, watched intently. I couldn't help but feel sad for its owner. Now I care about Kitty more than ever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home